Monday, May 7, 2007

Welcome to the Fish Pond


My name is Kevin Johnston and I am a working freelance photojournalist. While I am certainly not anywhere near a household name I do share an interest in wildlife and the great outdoors millions of others across the United States.

Large birds of prey are something I have always been particularly interested in. Something about watching a gracefull hawk or an eagle soar and glide while it hunts is something that I find amazing to watch. They are truely one of the many wonders that surround us everyday and they can be seen in almost any area in the country where their is a habitat that will support them.


For several years I have seen bald eagles soaring over the lakes in my area but I never knew much about where they frequented or how they utilized the countryside over which they flew. After seeing what I assumed was one eagle in the same approximate location on several occassions I decided to try to determine where she was going and what she was doing there. It was this eagle that led me to the Fish Pond which as it turns out is one of her favorite hunting spots.

This blog is a written and photographic record of the time I spend watching the eagles and the other wildlife visitors that frequent the Fish Pond. I will be posting my observations and photos from the Fish Pond each week over the course of the next several months. I will also periodically include stories and photos from other interesting wildlife experiences.


I hope you enjoy this blog. I will certainly enjoy sharing it with you.


Have a great day. Get outside and enjoy the world around you.


Kevin

No comments:

Post a Comment