Friday, February 18, 2011

Yeah, yeah I know, you’ve heard me say I plan to update more often and I haven’t actually done so, so I won’t say it again. Sorry about that but to be quite honest I was getting pretty bored with the whole blogging thing. I had three or four of them going at one time, there was very little feedback from readers and newer things seemed to required my attention.

That doesn’t mean that I haven’t visited the pond, I have, on quite a regular basis just not with a camera. It is a place that continues to amaze me almost every time I visit.

Recent events in life have forced me to re-examine many things including the work I do on my blogs. More specifically, my wonderful wife has been diagnosed with lung cancer. I am dedicating the entirety of this blog to her and her very brave and inspiring fight to conquer this disease.

I could probably sit here for hours sharing with you all of the things I’ve learned over the last several months but I’m not a physician and nothing I could say would come close to accurately describing just how devastating and terrible this disease is. The most important things I have learned really have nothing to do with the disease itself. They are lessons about the wonderful and incredibly brave people who fight it, both as patients and as caregivers.

I have no idea of when or how often I will be able do add to this blog in the future but each time I do I will be dedicating each post to a person who is bravely battling, has survived or has fallen victim to cancer.

If there is someone you would like to have included in this blog by way of a post dedication please let me know. I only ask that you have their (or their families) permission to publish their name in the post and that you provide, in addition to their name, their current status and if known date of diagnosis. Dedications will be made in three catagories - Fighting Cancer, Cancer Survivor, Cancer Victim.


THIS BLOG IS DEDICATED TO:
LENORA JOHNSTON - Fighting Cancer - Diagnosed October 1st, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment